Welcome to another edition of "Word on the Street" - where we explore the talk around town from week to week...
Here's the rundown:
- Brand messaging gets short and tweet, by Sheila Shayon
- Coca-Cola looks for another billion-dollar brand, by Nathalie Zmuda
- Top 10 Twitter trends this week, by Matt Silverman
- Capitalizing on the Underdog Effect, by Anat Keinan, Jill Avery and Neeru Paharia
- Marketing sense isn't the same as common sense, by Al Ries
- The Aspirational Consumer: R.I.P., by Robert Klara
- Sony, Samsung Face 'Miserable' Christmas amid price war, by Mariko Yasu and Jason Clenfield
- Managing yourself: What's your personal social media strategy?, by Soumitra Dutta *
- Linkedin gives brands a platform to promote themselves, by Ben Parr
Enjoy what's left of the weekend guys... ciao!
* Special thanks to Ania Vargas for contributing this article...