Welcome to this week's edition of "Word on the Street" - MTB's section dedicated to talk around town from week to week. Now that the Christmas season is upon us, let's check out what's brewing out there...
- Holiday Retail Sales Rose an Estimated 3.6%, Spending Pulse Says, by Linda Sandler
- New Twitter Search Tool gives Marketers Insight into their Communities, by Jennifer Van Grove. *
- Leggo Your Logo: 5 New Designs for 4 Iconic Brands, by Eleftheria Parpis
- The Eyes Have It: Brands Conduct Staring Contest With Consumers, by Barry Silverstein
- Content sites better at engaging consumers than social media, by Gina Lovett
- The Infomercial Business goes Mainstream, by Matt Robinson
- 6 Reasons Why Social Games Are the Next Advertising Frontier, by Sarah Kessler
- He Puts the Soda in Pop Songs, by Burt Helm
- Soccer results announced: Russia lands 2018 Fifa World Cup, Qatar lands 2022, by Shirley Brady
- Ethnic Marketing: McDonald's Is Lovin' It, by Burt Helm
- Top 10 Twitter Trends this Week, by Matt Silverman
That's all for today... Over and out!
* Submitted by A. Holsteinson